What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see this article for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionalities and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies I Set
- Email newsletter-related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Surveys related cookies
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping me to understand how you use the site and ways that I can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so I can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time I may test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When I am still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring that I understand which optimisations users appreciate the most.
- As I offer consulting services it is important for me to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to my site actually contact me or subscribe to my newsletter, and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that I can accurately make business predictions that allows me to monitor my advertising and service costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service I use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- I also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, the following social media sites (including Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram) will set cookies through my website which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Thank you for your understanding. Should you have any comments or questions please do not hesitate to contact me via email at: [email protected].